Monday, November 09, 2009

I confess

Yes, I confess it. I have been dreadfully remiss about my blog. Xcargo has not seen me for 'lo these many weeks.

Forgive me? My only excuse is that I've been teaching three classes and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the grading. But, I promise, I'll return with yet more of Santa Fe.

That said, here's a little something to keep us going.

Have you noticed? All the clamor and fear about health care continues unabated …but, most mysteriously, the stories of men and women coming to town meetings with guns have gone away. Oh, yes, there's still yelling and screaming, but not guns, and not the more or less overt threats of violence.

It's almost as if someone flipped a switch. As if someone, somewhere, realized that this tactic was actually having negative effects… that it was frightening people.

Which makes one wonder, does it not? If someone could turn it off that way, then doesn't that mean someone turned it on in the first place? That someone, somewhere, created the whole thing… for their own selfish purposes…with lies and deceit.

Which, in turn, makes one wonder just exactly what they will do next.

And how dreadful it will be…

No comments:

Post a Comment