Sunday, February 20, 2011

I get nominated for an award...that I can't get

Interesting development.

As you know, I teach at Northeastern. Well, the other day, one of my students past or present (I don’t know which one), nominated me for the school’s Excellence in Teaching Award.

(Cheer!)

Except, it turns out that the award is only open to full time employees. I, like most of the people who now teach at Universities, am a part timer, or, as they say, “a member of adjunct staff.”

(Argh!)

So, if you’re reading this, and you’re the student who nominated me, thank you humongously.

If, however, you’re reading this, and you’re the official who aced me outta the running for being a part time employee…well, gee, golly..

Would you mind terribly if I admitted to hoping you get rectal Gonorrhea? In your left nostril?

Just saying…

No comments:

Post a Comment