Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gadhafi...and once more I make a guess

I keep watching the situation with Gadhafi. I’m no expert, obviously. And every time I’ve made a prediction about him for the last few weeks I’ve proved wrong. At least in the short run.

But because I’m not too bright and I don’t learn from my mistakes, I’m going to make another guess at his future. This particular stab in the dark is that he is, in the long run, doomed. I suspect that the Europeans and Americans will eventually take him out of the game. They’re in so deep now…they’ve already sent in the fighters and the missiles, that I don’t think they could get out again if Gadhafi were still on his throne.

For one thing, this is the chap who gave us Lockerbie Bombing. Can you imagine what he’d do if were back in full control of Libya, and lusting for a little revenge on the Western Nations who opposed him?

No comments:

Post a Comment