Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Oh, my God, I'm famous...sort of.

Well, it seems I've been quoted.

Way back in 1994, I wrote the following line in my ezine, explosive-cargo:

"If the Anti-Abortion Movement took a tenth of the energy they put into noisy theatrics and devoted it to improving the lives of children who have been into lives of poverty, violence, and neglect, they could make the world a'shine."

(I've also seen it reproduced on the web as "...make the world shine.")

But, anyway, someone just pointed out to me that it's been included in William Martin's recent book of liberal quotes, Quotes from the Underground: Radical Wisdom in Small Doses.

In a word, wow. Far freaking out.

Thanks Dr. Martin.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    Dear Jay,

    It was a great quote and I am lucky to have found it.

    I try to publish a book of liberal quotations every presidential election year. I'm already working on 2016 and hope that I encounter more of your radical wisdom.

    Best,

    Bill Martin

    ReplyDelete