Monday, August 08, 2005

Xcargo Returns

Yes, oh my friends and neighbors, I’m back.

Some of you my have been subscribers to my original explosive-cargo ezine. You will recall that this was my weekly column of gibberish, feeble attempts at humor, and occasional mutterings of the mildly moderate political sort.

I gave it up some years ago when I realized that:

A) I didn’t feel funny any more (some would say I never was funny, but we won’t listen to such base canards. Nor malevolent mallards. Ha Ha Ha. Eh . . . it’s a joke. See. Canard. Sounds like a duck. Mallard. Um. Oh, never mind); and,

B) When I left the trade press to return to the academy, I found I simply didn’t have the time for writing 2000 extra words a week; and,

C) I discovered that my ezine was being widely ignored while people like Drat Sludge were making a fortune and bringing down elected officials a lot. Made me grumpy. You wouldn’t like me if I was grumpy. I turn green and grow fangs. Well. Greener than normal. Hard to tell in this light.

But, alas, I’ve decided to return. No. No. I’d spare you if I could, but it is impossible. You’ll just have to cope. After all, you knew the job was dangerous when you took it.

So, fasten your seatbelts and let’s be off . . .

Onward and upward.

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled to have you back MJ. I've missed your wit and your perspective. Looking forward to some interesting rants.

    ReplyDelete