Sunday, January 08, 2012

finished off Q21997

So I finished posting the second quarter of vintage Xcargo 1997. That's a whole half year.

Oy. I had forgotten how much stuff I'd churned out. But, once a week, every week, even if you take a week or two off, that's up to 50 columns a year.

Ah well. This last batch includes Depth Charges and an extended essay or Prozac, Depression, and a mega fender bender...or, as they say it 'round these parts, Fenda-Benda.

Oh, and lest we forget, a science fiction ripoff of Poe's "Masque of the Red Death."

onward and upward.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:01 AM

    I'd like to chat with you sometime about Seward B. Collins. I am a historian at U- Maine PI and Seward is part of my wife's family. Quite an enigma. We found a number of his letters where apparently he was courting my mother-in-law (who was his second cousin) in the two years before his death. She ended up marrying Roland Bainton's son Herbert (Yale Reformation historian). Our generation is just finding out about Seward these past couple of years. No one talked about him much. My brother in law read you book and your Master's thesis I'm digging up a copy of the book eventually...after the semester starts. It would have been interesting to see a pacifist like Bainton and a (?) like Collins in the same room. you can reach me at john.defelice@umpi.edu if you care to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 AM

    Oh..and sorry I dumped on your blog. Wasn't sure how to get your e-mail. John

    ReplyDelete