Saturday, July 04, 2020

Happy Birthday, America

Well, everyone, like it says, Happy Birthday to America on this Fourth of July.  May the nation know many long and happy centuries to come.

I am quite serious about that. I am, in my own way, an American nationalist. I believe that who we are, as a country, something good, and important. Yes, I suppose, on some weird level, I evn believe in American exceptionalism.



And I hope, truly, that we will soon exit this time of troubles, and that under another president, and with a different Congress, we will find our way forward, to greater wisdom, greater achievement, and greater happiness.

*

One quick note. Over the next few weeks, I’ll be moving this blog to my own website, which is MichaelJayTucker.com. Very shortly, explosive-cargo will be here: https://www.michaeljaytucker.com/blog. So, do check it out.

cheers
mjt



~~~




About me: I’m a writer and former journalist who has published material on everything from computers to the Jazz Age. (Among my small claims to fame is that I interviewed Steve Jobs just after that talented if complicated man got kicked out of Apple, and just before the company’s Board came begging him to come back.)

And please visit my webpage, MichaelJayTucker.com.

Looking forward to meeting you!


No comments:

Post a Comment