Wednesday, June 10, 2020

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin Knew Each Other!

Whoa! If you haven’t already seen it, check this out. George Floyd and Derek Chauvin actually knew each other and had quarreled in the past. According to news reports, they had both worked security at a local club. A co-worker says that Chauvin had been extremely aggressive with patrons at the club. Floyd had objected and they’d exchanged words.

This, of course, vastly complicates the whole situation. It means that not only was racism involved, but so was a personal grudge.

What this means for the future is, of course, impossible to say. And I’m no lawyer.

But, I wonder...

Is this now a First Degree Murder case? Could it have even been premeditated?






About me: I’m a writer and former journalist who has published material on everything from computers to the Jazz Age. (Among my small claims to fame is that I interviewed Steve Jobs just after that talented if complicated man got kicked out of Apple, and just before the company’s Board came begging him to come back.)

Please check out my new book, Padre: To The Island, a meditation on mortality, grief, and joy, based on the lives and deaths of two of the most amazing and unconventional people I ever met, my mother and father.

  Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment