Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Just a quick note from Xcargo

Hi, Everyone,

Just a quick note, today. I am making some changes very soon in my blog, explosive-cargo.

As you know, I’ve been doing Xcargo now as a blog for several years. Lately, I’ve been trying to do one post a day. I haven’t always been successful in that, but I’ve been doing my best.




It's a'coming

However, those of you who have been very long term readers will know that originally, way back when, it was an ezine...that is, a “zine” that went out via email to anyone who wanted it. I also only did one posting a week.

Well, I’m thinking about heading back that way again. First, I’m going to start posting only once a week. There is no sense in my writing unless I’ve actually got something to say, and there’s more of a chance of my having a point if I am active only once a week. (What do you say? A posting every Saturday? Give me your thoughts.)

 
Second, I may actually be moving back again toward the ezine model. I’m still just toying with the idea, but I’m thinking about it. I love the blog format, but, frankly, it doesn’t have the immediacy of an email. So, maybe...we’ll try the ezine scene again. I’ll let you know if I go that direction, and I’ll let you know how you can subscribe.

Third, and finally, Xcargo is always going to be political. But, I’m hoping to move it back a little bit toward what the column was like when I started it -- i.e., a little more lighthearted. Right now, I think we all need a little more lightness of heart.

Anyway, that’s the news. I will be posting here until (and if) I get to doing an ezine again. So, keep in touch.

cheers
mjt

No comments:

Post a Comment