Thursday, June 18, 2020

The Next Nightmare: Sino-Indian War

So, of course...

So far, in 2020, we’ve had Coronavirus, riots in the streets,  killings of police, killings by police, international humiliation, recession, quarantines, idiots with guns protesting quarantines, global warming, murder hornets, brushfires the size of countries, wars in the Middle east, Earthquakes, floods, locusts in East Africa, terrorist attacks, airliners blown up by trigger happy Iranians, Brexit, and, oh, yes, Donald Trump is still in the White House.

So what’s next?

Why, of course, border clashes between India and China, both of whom have nuclear weapons. Naturally. Who could have doubted it? Just what we need.

I’m pretty sure they’ll work it out, eventually. Neither of them exactly wants war.

But, on the other hand...

Just fyi, if any more of the four horsemen show up, I’m moving to Mars.


A Bold Fashion Statement



***



About me: I’m a writer and former journalist who has published material on everything from computers to the Jazz Age. (Among my small claims to fame is that I interviewed Steve Jobs just after that talented if complicated man got kicked out of Apple, and just before the company’s Board came begging him to come back.)

Please check out my new book, Padre: To The Island, a meditation on mortality, grief, and joy, based on the lives and deaths of two of the most amazing and unconventional people I ever met, my mother and father.

  Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment