Wednesday, May 20, 2020

For Heaven’s Sakes, Let Him...

So I heard yesterday that “Speaker Nancy Pelosi warned Monday that President Trump should not be taking hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug the president has touted as a treatment for COVID-19, given his age and because he is ‘morbidly obese.’” (CBS News).

She is, of course, absolutely right. If Trump really is taking hydroxychloroquine, then neither he nor anyone else knows what it will do to him.

But, come..

Ms. Pelosi, he’s a big boy. If Trump wants to scarf down unproven medications which may have seriously deleterious side-effects and turn him puce-green with red polkadots and maybe give him projectile diarrhea in the middle of a press conference...

By Golly...

Let him.




***


About me: I’m a writer and former journalist who has published material on everything from computers to the Jazz Age. (Among my small claims to fame is that I interviewed Steve Jobs just after that talented if complicated man got kicked out of Apple, and just before the company’s Board came begging him to come back.)

Please check out my new book, Padre: To The Island, a meditation on mortality, grief, and joy, based on the lives and deaths of two of the most amazing and unconventional people I ever met, my mother and father.

  Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment