Monday, May 18, 2020

Mark of the Beast? Whoa...dude...

So here's a terrifying article in Yahoo news, "Some evangelicals fear the 'mark of the beast' from a coronavirus vaccine" by Caitlin Dickson. You read that right. Some Christian fundamentalists are going to refuse a Covid-19 vaccine, if one ever comes along, because they fear it is part of a demonic plot.

In a word, whoa.

Here's the reality. Thinking like that will get you killed...just like any other form of anti-vaxx ideology. 

And, frankly, I have a hard time believing that's what a benvolent God would want.





About me: I’m a writer and former journalist who has published material on everything from computers to the Jazz Age. (Among my small claims to fame is that I interviewed Steve Jobs just after that talented if complicated man got kicked out of Apple, and just before the company’s Board came begging him to come back.)

Please check out my new book, Padre: To The Island, a meditation on mortality, grief, and joy, based on the lives and deaths of two of the most amazing and unconventional people I ever met, my mother and father.

  Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment