Monday, May 18, 2020

He’s Taking What?

I don’t ever post twice in a day. But...I’m going to make an exception.

I have just learned that 45 is taking hydroxychloroquine, whose usefulness in treating Covid-19 remains entirely unproven. He’s backing that up with zinc.

Okay...

Now, if he’s telling the truth (which he may not be. I’ve seen several people express their doubts on the subject), that’s pretty scary. It means that the commander-in-chief is scarfing down a drug whose exact effects remain uncertain to say the least. But, then, maybe after Adderall...

But, the other thing which frightens me is what this means for his followers. Remember, these are people who are already taking bleach. Now, when they learn their hero is swallowing hydroxychloroquine on a daily basis...

Yikes.




***


About me: I’m a writer and former journalist who has published material on everything from computers to the Jazz Age. (Among my small claims to fame is that I interviewed Steve Jobs just after that talented if complicated man got kicked out of Apple, and just before the company’s Board came begging him to come back.)

Please check out my new book, Padre: To The Island, a meditation on mortality, grief, and joy, based on the lives and deaths of two of the most amazing and unconventional people I ever met, my mother and father.

  Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

No comments:

Post a Comment